MID LEVEL DESIGNER
JUN 17TH, 2019
|Location||San Francisco, CA|
|Experience||3 – 7+ years post graduation|
|QUALIFICATIONS||See full description for qualifications and requirements|
|Please send your CV and examples of your work (8 pages or less). PDF format files only. No phone calls, please.|
IB+A is a diverse, 9-person award-winning design firm located in San Francisco with a satellite office in Sea Ranch. Committed to the continued success of our team, we provide rewarding opportunities for staff that encompass the many roles of the profession. As a studio-based environment, collaboration and dedication are key components to our success. Our commitment to our clients is reflected in their reciprocity – all of our commissions come from repeat clients or referrals. Our goal is the creation of contextually responsive architecture and engaging spaces born out of curiosity, innovation, and passion.
IB+A is actively engaged in many projects in San Francisco, Napa, Burlingame, and other bay area locales. Our portfolio includes multifamily infill housing, senior housing, new construction single family homes, mixed-use projects, and brewery and restaurant projects.
We have a position open for a Project Manager / Project Designer with 3 – 7 years of progressive and demonstrable experience. Candidates ideally have experience in multifamily housing design, mixed use mid-rise buildings and luxury custom residential. Additional desirable experience would include urban planning, commercial core and shell, and tenant improvements. Candidates must be able work on multiple projects simultaneously.
IB+A offers a competitive salary together with benefits and growth opportunities for motivated architects wishing to advance their careers while leading significant design projects within the San Francisco Bay Area.
Our new offices are located on the 9th floor of a historic building in downtown San Francisco near Union Square. The office is convenient to transit, restaurants, and shopping.
Compensation package and benefits include:
• Paid Vacation and Holidays
• Medical, Dental, Vision and Chiropractic Insurance
• 401k including employer contributions
• Performance-based bonuses
• Profit sharing
• Continuing education opportunities, ARE support and reimbursements
• Sea Ranch retreat
• Flex schedule work week with half-day Fridays
• Excellent project management skills including meeting timeline, budget and quality expectations
• Excellent design skills including conceptual design, design development and presentations.
• Strong detailing skills and a comprehensive knowledge of construction
• Ability and experience in taking a project from concept through occupancy
• Excellent skills in analytics, organization, record-keeping and writing
• Strong public and personal communications skills
• Experienced in leading team environments and can manage and mentor junior staff
• Ability to effectively manage sub-consultants’ work and contracts
• Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Revit, CreativeSuite, Sketchup, and MS Office
• A disposition and manner that contributes positively to the firm’s work environment
• Professional Architecture Degree (Bachelor or Master of Architecture from accredited school in the U.S.A. or equal)
• CA Licensed Architect, or exhibited significant progress towards licensure
• Working knowledge of the California Building Codes and ADA requirements
• Knowledge of LEED and Green Point Rating systems
• Experience with the San Francisco Planning Code and the Project Entitlement process
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and examples of your work (8 pages or less) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send PDF format files only. No phone calls, please.